Tuesday 12 June 2012

Revlon Lip Butter: Cotton Candy

In case you've been in a cave, Lip Butters are, like, massive right now. Apparently. I'd heard the hype for a bit and bought the Candy Apple shade, which I do indeed rate pretty highly. However, since reviewing it over a month ago, I've hardly even used it, which says more to me than my initial impressions. I wasn't too sure if it was just because the shade was a reddy colour, which to me is more of a winter colour. So, in Superdrug today with my lovely wee gran, I picked up a more summery colour which I can wear day to day. I also think the gorgeous adverts of Emma Stone have influenced this buy somewhat. Normally I don't find her that stunning but in those adverts I WANT to be her. Worrying that I'm so easily influenced!
Still love the packaging, though I must report that the base of my other Lip Butter split after being dropped once (sad face), which for a clumsy girl like me is not a bonus. 
With flash
Natural light
They look like completely different products but I can assure you this is the same item!! I would say it is a baby pink with a gold shimmer through it which is effective but subtle at the same time. The formulation is still  buttery and lovely, very moisturising and feels so pleasant on your lips. It feels like you are just wearing lip balm, but looks like a lipstick, magic!
With flash
Natural light
As you can see this is a far cry from my usual bold style, it's a very feminine gentle shade. It's like the fairy cake of lipwear, where I normally go for a Black Forest gateaux. But I like it, in a pretty, girly way. It's not as highly pigmented as I would like, but its shimmer is subtly enhancing and I love that.
It's light but not in that horrible way that looks as though you have smothered your mouth with foundation. Sorry about the nostrils haha!! PIG NOSE lol. 
I still feel like this clings to any dry bits you have on your lips, which does annoy me a tad as a lip balm would smooth them down and soothe them rather than highlight them. I can see why this shade was named "Cotton Candy", it does have that candy floss look to it and is just as fluffy and whimsical. I think over the coming months, with the bright eye looks we are seeing, a shade like this will get a lot of use! Overall I'm glad I picked this up, it's not my favourite purchase of the past few months but it's a good staple.

8/10, will I repurchase? Maybe, let's see how I get on with it.

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how things look like a different colour in different lighting isn't it? This looks like a nice neutral shade, but not great that it clings to dry patches x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is really pretty! I'm glad that you made a review about it, because I never know what colors to try out. :)

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's only a couple of days on but I've worn this constantly since getting it, the shimmer is GORGEOUS. Still not fussed for Candy Apple sadly so I reckon the shade definitely makes all the difference! xx

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx