Friday 1 June 2012

No 7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream

Hey lovely ladies! The sun has reappeared in Scotland so I'm in a wonderful mood today :) Hope it's shining down on you too wherever you are. On my spending rampage shopping spree the other day I ended up in Boots, as always, and they had their deal on where if you spend over £5 you get a voucher which gives you £5 off No7 and £5 off perfume. I managed to resist buying perfume, but this is a great deal on No7 products as most of them are between £7 and £15 pounds. This is what I got!
Normally £12.95, getting this for £7.95 was pretty good, you get 30ml for this and it has an SPF of 15 which will come in handy over the summer. I like the fact that there are three different skin types available: Normal/Oily, Normal/Dry, and Dry/Very Dry. They both come in two shades, fair and medium which made me worry that the fair would be too light for me but when I swatched it in store it was fine! This is what it says on the pack:
I can't say that I'm in love with the packaging. Now I LOVE shiny things, but when it impairs reading the text on the box it's more of a pain than anything else. I had to retake these pics at least 5 times each to show the text as well as that. Bit annoying to be honest, I know this doesn't affect the product's performance but it's not user-friendly at all. This is what the tube itself looks like:
It's fine, well made, sturdy but not particularly nice, and the colour looks kind of medicinal. I think they could have done a lot more with the packaging, but it's easy to use and that's all that matters. Onto the product itself:
This is a thick, creamy substance, slightly glossy when it comes out like there could be gel part to it. It blends very well, doesn't go on streaky or leave lines. There is no scent or if there is I can't smell it! You don't need too much to cover your face and it thankfully doesn't turn orange as the day goes on. I wore this to the gym and remained shine free. The only tiny criticism is if you have any dry or flaky bits, it does make these more obvious so I would recommend exfoliating before use. Now for some before and after pics:
Before, warts and all in the name of science (well sortof lol).
After, not retouched in any way.
I really like this coverage, as you can see I have some discolouration, redness and freckles which come through. This has smoothed out my pores and totally evened out my skin tone without making it look like I have foundation on. I can still see enough of my freckles for it to look like my natural skin, just better.
I am so glad I picked this up and would urge others to do the same. Be warned, it will not cover large blemishes so don't get disappointed if you are expecting full coverage. This is the perfect product for summer on days where your skin is fairly clear but you want some cover and SPF.

10/10 for the product, 5/10 for the packaging, but I still would highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx