Thursday 24 May 2012

MAC goodies!!

So you may have seen my Tuesday treats posts about the Debenhams sale and the sneaky order I placed for a couple of lipsticks. Well they arrived the morning after! How is that for service? I was so impressed. They also included a couple of samples, neither of which I was that fussed for but hey any free samples are great!
I need to take a minute, as I think my all-consuming obsession with makeup is getting to me, I nearly burst when I heard the package drop through the letterbox. Is this normal? I seriously hope not, or our world is full of women distracted by pretty colours and other people's nails...Anyway onto the GOODIES!!
Ladies, I present to you Rebel and Impassioned. *Cue dramatic music* Aren't they pretty? I am so chuffed I ordered them now, they are such gorgeous colours. Rebel is my first satin finish MAC lipstick and I really enjoy the consistency. Here's a little swatch of both of them on my arm:
Impassioned (L), Rebel (R)
I got a bit overexcited with my Impassioned swatch didn't I? Now I have them, I think they are definitely night-time shades which I will have to play around with. They are both so highly pigmented, bold colours, I would be straying into drag queen territory if I wore them with a dark eye I think. I also reckon a little tan or bronzer will be necessary to avoid Addams family comparisons. I'm ready for my close-up...
 Pinky pout! It's such a rich pink, both classy and bold at the same time. LOVE.
This colour just cannot be ignored. I actually feel more sexy with it on! Even with the spots that have suddenly sprung up on my face over the past week (naughty skin) I still feel like Dita Von Teese or a pinup girl. Might wear this everywhere just because I can. I can totally rock this in Asda...
10/10 and these are both fabulous

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors! THey look good on you!
    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie! This isn't helping my MAC obsession haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both these colours too :) Impassioned was my first ever Mac lippy. I love to wear mine on holiday as it looks great with tanned skin! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I love chucking a bit of bronzer on with mine! xx

      Delete
  4. Both are gorgeous shades... though i love impassioned more *.*
    found you on bloghop, following you.... follow back if u like....

    www.lipglossaffairs.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I'll come have a look thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  5. I love those lipsticks! I love bold colors, i have so many brights that i bought one of Kat Von D's lipstick; i forgot the name, it's a deep, dark purple & i just don't know what to do with it! lol Love you blog btw!
    http://lexifresh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. those colors are so pretty! I'm such a lipstick hoarder, though I don't wear them often lol. love your blog!

    http://lexifresh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lexi! I love Kat Von D I think she's gorgeous will need to check out here full range! And yeah me too I have too many to wear, just end up wearing the same ones over and over! xx

    ReplyDelete

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx