Saturday 5 May 2012

Garnier Skin Perfector BB Cream

We're all searching for an easy solution to give us perfect skin, and BB creams seem to be the answer. So when I saw Garnier's answer to the BB cream on a deal on Boots website (£7.49 instead of £9.99) I had to have it! The phrase "Miracle Skin Perfector" is a big promise but a great tagline.

The shade I bought was the fair one, there is also a medium but a lot of BB creams seem to be quite orange toned, and I found this to be darker than expected too. The consistency is a lot thicker than expected, and it is TOTALLY different to the L'Oreal BB cream I reviewed here. It is skin toned, which is nice but it has slightly gel-like or waxy feel to it, which I was worried about with my skin being oily.
You can even see the shine on the cream in the photo! It was a bit sludgy feeling, yuck! But smelled really nice and fruity. The tube is easy to use and fairly hygienic, and you get 50ml which is pretty good value for money. Now, onto the results: This is before

Now for after, check the colour difference!!


Can you SEE the waxiness?? Not really the matte look I was aiming for, but this could be due to the fact that this product is meant to be moisturising, and also has an SPF in it. Overall, I would say this is a great product for dry to combination skin, and if you have oily skin this really needs set with powder. I wore this for a full day the other day, and other than needing the powder topped up after 5 hours I felt this lasted really well. I did try to resist touching my skin due to the Madame Tussauds feel, though.

If you like looking perfect but a bit shiny, this is for you. If not, avoid like the plague.

6/10 and I would not repurchase, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx