Thursday 31 May 2012

FOTD- Everyday shopping look

So yesterday I had a day off and was meant to be going to meet one of my best buds but she had a bit of a family emergency so we had to call it off (poor thing :() but I had to go into town anyway so I thought I may as well make a day of it. I don't like girls who wander round town in heels and hair extensions, but it's nice to feel a bit more done up than normal isn't it? This is my everyday makeup with lashes thrown in and a bolder lip:
Hello nose!!! Lol gotta love our imperfections eh? So for this look, I used:

  • The Porefessional by Benefit
  • Loreal Nude Magique BB Cream
  • Mac Mineralize Blush in Dainty
  • Benefit "They're Real" Mascara
  • Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Velvet Plum
  • Mac Shroom eyeshadow
  • Mac Trax eyeshadow
  • Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
  • The Vintage Cosmetics Company Fake Eyelashes in Gracie
  • Mac Satin Lipstick in Rebel.
  • Brown infill powder (not sure where it's from)
Generally unless I have loads of spots, I like to keep my makeup light and opt for a light foundation or BB cream rather than a full coverage. I like to prime if I know I'm going to be out or working all day so my makeup doesn't shift, and the Porefessional is good for this. A bit of blush to warm up the cheeks (this blush actually doesn't photograph as bright as it is on). 

Then onto the eyes. I wanted a neutral eye as I was going for a bold lip, and this is my go-to eyeshadow. I love the formulation of the Bobbi Brown long-wear cream eyeshadow and really want another one, if only they weren't so expensive! As you can see my eyes are very deep set so I like to put a slightly shimmery/pearlescent shade on to open up my eyes, or for nights out loads of eyeliner to accentuate the almond shape. I have such tiny lids that most eyeshadow seems to vanish!!
It's more of a browny gold colour, which goes well with shroom which is a great highlighter colour for under your brow.  The glitter is obvious in real in life and I have had a lot of people comment on it. I love this eyeshadow it's so easy to chuck on day to day and blends well but does dry quickly. The lashes are the ones I got with my SheSaid beauty box last month and I love them! I use the eyeliner to blend the lashes in as my lash glue dries black so it covers any messy bits when my eyes are open.
I wore this floaty blouse with jeans, little ballet pumps and a tweed jacket with elbow patches, and used my hair donut to put my hair up in a more-or-less perfect bun. If you're busy, or if it's raining and you don't want to risk an afro, I always think putting your hair up is a nice alternative. This hair donut is a foam ring to help you create a nice bun, it came from Primark and was only a pound! I love it, it takes less than 5 mins, a foam ring and a bunch of kirby grips.
So that's my first face of the day post, let me know what you think and if you would like to see any more of these! xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love this look especially your hair! Maybe you can do a tutorial of how you do the hair? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a great idea, I've been thinking about starting doing some videos :) Thanks Mimika xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous lady - love the lips! And hello LASHES, gorg!
    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a cutie!! Thanks love xx

      Delete

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx