Wednesday 11 July 2012

Illamasqua Haul

Hello lovely people! Sorry I've been MIA for the past week, I've been working loads and been coming home drained and not up for blogging, just some sleep! Anyway I'm back with a vengeance and have an amazing Illamasqua haul to show you.
For my overseas readers, Illamasqua is a British brand launched in 2008 based on the dramatic makeup of the 1920's Berlin cabaret scene. There are some amazing products and collections, bold and shocking. I love their makeup so when I saw they were having a sale I was super excited and jumped online. For a high-end brand their sale prices are actually very good, around 70% off. Let's have a look what came in the post!
GOODIES!
How stunning! This is their Cream Eyeshadow in Wail, a muted grey-pink colour. I'm always a bit cautious of cream eyeshadows incase they crease badly but these have a really good reputation so I thought I'd go for it. I really like this colour, I want to try a couple of smoky eye looks with this as I think they would work really well.

The texture is very smooth, almost like a lip balm consistency rather than a cream, but it dried well on my arm, matt but somehow not a flat colour. I want some other colours now!

This is their medium pencil, a multi-tasking product which can be used on eyes, lips anywhere you like really! I went for Torment, a gorgeous raspberry-red colour, which I will use as a lip pencil as I'm no way brave enough to use it on my eyes!!
My skin looks so pale here! Might need to go for a Snow White pale skin and red lip look! I don't ever use lip liners but I hate my lipsticks feathering so now might be the time to start, and I love this shade, it's a warm shade, very romantic.
My last buy is their Light Liquid Foundation in shade LF120 which is one of the lightest shades but with pink undertones, which isn't exactly my skin tone as I'm more neutral but they didn't have any other options around my colour. However this actually matches very well.
Read the back! It's little touches like this that draw me to this brand, the packaging, the ethos and the fact that we finally have a British brand to rival the likes of Bobbi Brown and MAC makes me happy. Also, they have the S.O.P.H.I.E products and a short film dedicated to the memory of Sophie Lancaster, a British teenager who was beaten to death for her style (gothic). If you have a chance, watch the film as it's very beautiful.

It is a very light formulation as the name suggests, easily blended and doesn't feel oily under my fingers, although I can see from the ingredients it does contain Avocado oil. So I'll need to see how my skin gets on with this. If you like their Facebook page, you can get a code for 15% off, and it works on sale items. Delivery to the UK is only £3.50. They do deliver worldwide but advise that it can take up to a month! It's worth the wait, I promise.

Have you ever owned any Illamasqua products? Did I choose the best products or what would you have picked? Hope you are all well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx