Monday 23 July 2012

Glamour Magazine Freebies

Who doesn't love a good freebie? I don't tend to buy magazines normally, the majority of the articles are available online and I hate wasting paper. This is why I feel especially guilty buying multiple copies of a magazine just to get the range of freebies. Glamour magazine in the UK really spoil us with the freebies they have, from Clinique and Benefit to the latest offering, Balance Me. This month you can choose from an eye cream, moisturiser, face wash and lip salve, each worth £11-12 each!
So far I've just picked up the lip salve, face wash and eye cream, as I have facial moisturisers galore, but I'm tempted to pick it up now that I've tried the other items. BalanceMe is a brand based on natural products, which is huge right now for any brand. It's fairly expensive as a brand but you get what you pay for. Check out their website to find out more about their philosophy and product range.


This wonder eye cream claims to soothe, brighten and lift. It smells lovely, very natural as you would expect. I have sensitive eyes so was worried any essential oils would irritate them. My worries were unfounded, this cream is lovely and really does make you feel as though your eyes have opened up, it is very refreshing and wakes you right up! Really love this product, and having only paid £2.00 for the magazine it is an amazing deal.

Next up we have the Pure Skin Face wash for normal to combination skin, which I was very excited to try. Not that I need any more face washes, but I like the fact that this has no sulphates in it. Obviously, this does not lather as such on your skin, it is more like a mixture between a gel and a balm but with a lighter consistency. Still smells gorgeous, and when you wash it off you don't feel like your skin has been stripped of all its natural oils.
Last up is my favourite product of the three, the rose otto intensive lip salve. I read reviews of this online before getting the magazine, and liked the idea that it goes on as a thick gel then melts away into the lips. It really does! Salve generally suggests to me a rubbish watery product that doesn't do much (I HATE the Cow Shed one). I like to feel that something is actually on my lips, but also don't like sticky lip products (fussy much?) This does what it says on the tin, it's natural, smells lightly but inoffensively of roses, and intensively moisturises. This really is a great product, and my Chapstick and Eos balms have been replaced temporarily. I've also been making women in my work try this too.

If you are going on holiday and want a treat with your magazine at the airport, or just want a little treat in general, I would definitely recommend getting Glamour. I'm even considering getting ANOTHER one of the lip salves, I definitely don't need it but it's such a great deal and I'll probably regret not getting another one (I only picked up one of the little Porefessionals and regretted it!). Get to the newsagents!! NOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx