Monday 16 July 2012

17 Wild Eyes Metallics

Rawr! Gotta love a bit of animal print, even if it can lead to Bet Lynch comparisons. I had saved up some Boots points on my Advantage Card so redeemed them on this little beauty, a cream eyeshadow from 17. This shade is Wild Nude, but there are currently six shades in the range.
I always worry about metallic shades incase they look a bit 90s, and for this reason I shied away from the blue shade. It might have actually been lovely on, but it looked SCARY. Anyway I stuck to boring nude, I have been watching a load of Pixiwoo videos recently and loving how they use cream shadows as a base to give depth to the overall eye look.
The shine coming off this shade is really gorgeous, and the formulation is very smooth and creamy. You do need to prime with this as I have found it prone to creasing. It doesn't crease if you prime and layer shadow over it, but you can't really get away with wearing it on it's own. But for £4 compared to around £17 for a not dissimilar high-end product, I can handle that.
This is the eyeshadow used as a base with a mid brown shade from the Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick, and Chocolate gel liner. I do see what the Pixiwoo girls mean by adding another dimension to the look, as when you blink or look around the shadow shimmers and shines slightly.

Regardless of the tendency to crease, I give this 9/10 and would repurchase

3 comments:

  1. so pretty :)

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a lovely blog! I found your blog from island girl insights and got drawn to your blog name! I'm a big fan of kokeshi dolls as well!

    Kay.
    http://banini-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for dropping by! Glad I've found a fellow kokeshi lover!! xx

      Delete

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx