Monday 2 September 2013

Fine One One! Back with a bang!

Hello! After a not-so-brief hiatus I am back to blogging! I pretty much vanished off the face of the earth through my fourth year of my degree, but it's all done and dusted now and I could not be happier!

Anyway, back to beauty. For my first review this YEAR (gosh it's been a while), I have chosen Benefit's new multi-tasking product, Fine-one-one. Incase you've missed the press, this product has been four years in development! It has a highlighter, a blusher and a contour all in one handy cream stick format. The packaging is, as always, pretty slick from Benefit. Take a look-see.



It's a classy metallic rose-colour, not too big, nice and portable, and feels quite sturdy, a must for me as I drop things all the time! All in all another pretty product from Benefit. So, on to the product itself.



As you can hopefully see there are three products in one, alongside each other. This is designed to be fool-proof so you just swipe across your cheek and blend lightly. Swatch please!



The highligher aspect of this is not that obvious unless you go over it a couple of times, but it is similar in colour to High Beam from Benefit. The blush is a corally pink matte shade and the contour is orangy peach in colour. This was from swiping it twice lightly. You do need to blend a fair amount to get rid of the obvious lines.

To be honest, it took me as much time using this as it normally does using blusher and highlighter individually and blending so I wouldn't use it as an "express" product but it would be really handy for travelling. Also, this will not suit all skin tones. For the price of £23.50, you do get three products, and this can be used on lips too, though I wouldn't personally choose to do so.


Overall: it looks pretty and does what is says on the tin. Useful for travelling but perhaps more of a gimmicky product than a makeup bag staple. 6/10


I did however LOVE the Benefit van:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx