Friday 10 August 2012

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm

Hey guys!

Hope you are all having a mini heatwave like we are in Scotland at the moment, can't believe it's so warm at this time of year, it makes your days go a bit more quickly I think! The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is in full swing, if you haven't heard of it before, Wikipedia says it's the worlds largest arts festival. Ever since going to high school in Edinburgh as a teen I've loved how the whole city comes to live and is flooded with entertainers and tourists from all around the world. From ventriloquism and street dance groups to famous comedians, theater and music, there is so much going on. If you've never been, I'd recommend it. Lots of areas of the city are set up at night as pop up bars too so the night life is great!

I promise I don't work for the tourist board haha! But it is awesome so check it out if you can. The actual purpose of this post was to review the much acclaimed Reve De Miel Lip Balm by Nuxe, one of the items I had picked up in France, photographed in my mum's house in France, on her lovely cushion!!

 
If you don't know what this is, it's another "cult" product that has being doing the rounds on some beauty blogs and vlogs that I read/watch. As it's a French product and notoriously difficult to get ahold of here, I decided to try and get one when I was away. I was a little shocked to hear that it's £10 in Selfridges in London but the reviews were raving about it. I got it for around 9 euros in a pharmacie, so that was a bit more manageable but my inner cheapskate was still balking at the price when my beloved chapstick is a pound!
You also get a generous 15grams of product, and the packaging is beautiful. The pot is glass and the lid is a smooth white plastic, and the box it comes in is sturdy and pretty to look at. I really like products in chunky glass pots, and I like the frosting. It feels worth the money, but is the product any good?
I was a bit disappointed/confused when I saw the little bubbles or cracks on the surface, but they literally disappear the first time you swipe your finger across the surface. The product itself is a gorgeous buttery consistency, quite thick and very smooth. You don't need a lot and it doesn't show or look shiny on your lips, which is good if you wanted to put a matte lipstick on over it. I can see what all the fuss was about, I tend to put this on at night and wake up with baby soft lips, I haven't had any flaking or peeling at all! The main attraction for me with this product, however, is the smell. This smells lightly of honey but more so of oranges and grapefruits, I love it. I keep opening it just to sniff it! So guys, there's room up here on this bandwagon if you fancy getting on it. It's definitely worth the hype.

I'm away to enjoy the sun, but will be announcing my first giveaway very shortly so keep checking back!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all of your comments and really appreciate them! Thanks for stopping by xx